We use only the best leather, made to stand the test of time. Handcrafted by expert artisans, our leather goods deserve to be treated with care. Protect your investment with specially formulated leather care products to ensure the lifetime of your leather collection.
MAINTAINING YOUR LEATHER
Maintain your favorite leather pieces regularly to ensure soft and supple leather. Leather can be cleaned and restored with a regimen of leather care products designed to clean, condition and protect.
Leather Care can help maintain your product longer. We recommend conditioning your leather at a minimum of every 6 months. If you are in a dryer (hot or cold) climate, please condition your product as soon as it feels less supple, dull or faded. Similar to the nature of skin it needs to be moisturized as soon as it feels dry.
Tips & Tricks
- Never wash your leather bag in the washing machine.
- Keep cosmetics inside a pouch or small case. Cap all pens and anything that might leak on the leather.
- Avoid cleaning products with alcohol, turpentine or other mineral spirits. We recommend specially formulated leather care products to extend the life and reserve the natural beauty of the leather.
- Store leather bags properly when not in use; keep out of direct sunlight and in low humidity as sunlight fades and dries leather.
- If leather gets wet, absorb as much water as possible with a thick hand towel and then air dry.
Leather is susceptible to absorbing grease and oils; handle with clean hands. Repeat every 6 months or as needed to clean, condition and protect leather goods from soiling and water spotting.
- Apply a cleaner made specifically for the leather needing maintenance. We recommend using a All-In-One Leather Solution which will solve all the issues.
- Using a soft cotton cloth, apply approximately 1 oz. of the solution all over the leather.
- Allow the leather to dry for at least 12 hours away from sunlight and heat.
- When dry, buff the leather with a soft cotton cloth using a circular motion.
CLEANING YOUR LEATHER
Fine leather deserves good care because even the best leather will dry and crack over time. If handled roughly or stored improperly, your leather goods may stain or prematurely deteriorate. Quality leather cleaners and conditioners preserve the character and extend the natural life of leather.
HOW TO ENHANCE THE NATURAL BEAUTY:
Use this method twice a year to clean and polish all fine smooth leathers.
- Dampen a soft cotton cloth with warm water.
- Using a circular motion, carefully clean the leather.
- Allow to dry for at least 11 hours away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Before completely dry, rub Saddle Oil all over the leather.
- If needed, apply a second coat within 30 minutes.
- Finish drying.
How to Preserve Leather & Repel Water:
- Condition leather once a year to repel water and keep leather soft.
- Dampen a soft cotton cloth with warm water.
- Warm the leather with a hair dryer on low for 30 seconds
- Apply Mink Oil Crème, including the strap and all seams and stitching.
- Allow leather to dry for 12 hours away from sunlight and heat.
- Apply a second coat for additional weather protection.
REDUCING SCRATCHES & REMOVING SPOTS
It’s common for leather to get scratches and spots over time from normal use. Though it is difficult to truly repair leather because it is an organic material, there are several methods of minimizing the appearance of the damage with a little care. Your leather goods will patina before your very eyes – a reflection of the journey you've taken. A patina naturally develops in response to your environment and makes your bag one of a kind. The transformation in its coloring is a characteristic of quality leather and signifies its inherent beauty.
HOW TO REDUCE SCRATCHES:
Leather is susceptible to absorbing grease and oils; handle with clean hands.
Locate the scratch or spot on the leather goods
Using the oils from your hands, bend and work the spot back and forth over the scratch and marks.
Continue as needed working the leather. The scratch will continue to disappear over time.
HOW TO REMOVE SPOTS:
- Remove spots as soon as they appear; don't let it sit on the leather too long.
- Use a baby wipe and fold it in half. Do not use wipes that contain alcohol, dyes or fragrance.
- Place your hand on the opposite side of the stain and wipe away, cleaning the spot and surrounding area.
- Rub with moderate pressure to remove the stain; using too much force may discolor the leather.
HOW TO CLEAN COTTON CANVAS:
- Using a soft-bristled brush, gently brush the canvas using a circular motion.
- If spot remains, dab gently using a soft cotton cloth with warm water without any detergent.
- Allow the spot to dry.
- If spot still remains, use a mild detergent with a mild concentration and spot clean again; use a soft cotton cloth with the mild detergent solution and dab gently. Note: We recommend performing a test in a hidden place to ensure the detergent will not alter the color of the fabric.